"Mom's Show: Her Legacy Continues" will be the first annual calligraphy exhibit at The Gathering Place. Scheduled for October through December 2015, the juried exhibit is being organized by Dr. Julie Sterbank in honor of her mother, who passed away in 2010 from pancreatic cancer.
The Gathering Place is a non-profit organization in Beachwood, Ohio that provides services free of charge to anyone touched by cancer, be it a patient, family member or caregiver. Programs include support groups, children's groups and individual counseling for people who are either diagnosed with cancer or have someone close to them with a diagnosis of cancer.
- Artists are asked to email a photo of their artwork by August 15, 2015 to email@example.com.
- All artwork would be donated with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Gathering Place
- Themes of healing, hope, and/or peace are requested
- Arrangements will be made to have the artwork transported or shipped to The Gathering Place at no charge to the artist.
- Prizes of gift cards to John Neal, Dick Blick, or Pat Catan's will be awarded for the top entries. First place=$100, second place=$75, third place=$50, honorable mention=$25.
- Approximately 20 pieces will be selected for display.
- The exhibit space is adjacent to the lobby, where someone is always present. No incidents of theft have occurred during past exhibits.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.